How Are Vehicles Used in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds?
Do you like this video?
There are currently several options for Vehicles in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. Vehicles spawn at particular locations on the map and contain a random amount of fuel ranging from 40-100%.
- Motorcycle w/Sidecar
- Scammell explorer
- Triumph Scrambler 900
- Triumph Bonneville t120
- Triumph Bonneville t100
- Tatra t815
- Tires can be shot out from any vehicle that has them.
- A car can explode from grenades or getting shot.
- If you exit a vehicle that is traversing at high speed, you will take lethal 'fall damage'.
- Early Access Week 26 Update: Fixed an animation bug that appeared when a character used healing or boosting items in the driver's seat.
- Early Access September Update: Added a new sound for collisions between vehicles and characters; Fixed a bug where FOV slider value would be improperly set inside of vehicles in FPP mode, regardless of FOV slider setting.
- Early Access Week 21 Update: Fixed a bug that caused a player to exit a vehicle when they pressed 'F' to cancel using an energy drink.
- Early Access Week 20 Update: Decreased motorbike engine and vehicle skid sound volumes.
- Early Access Month 4 Update: Optimized vehicle physics.; You may now honk a car horn when sitting in the driver's seat with Left Mouse Click; Decreased the chance of vehicle explosion after the vehicle gets stuck in objects; Vehicle driving sound will change slightly in FPP and TPP modes; Improved effects of boats; Added spark effect to flat tires.
- Early Access Week 15 Update: You can no longer get out of a vehicle if the vehicle is blocked all the way around.; Vehicle tire effects will change immediately when the vehicle is on a different type of ground.
- Early Access Month 3 Update: Fixed an issue of frame drop when vehicles were around by optimizing vehicles.; Adjusted vehicles to face random directions at spawn.; Adjusted the spawn time of vehicles and speedboats, so that they can be seen from farther away.; Fixed a bug that caused a character to be misplaced after getting in a vehicle.
- Early Access Week 13 Update: Improved rendering performance of vehicles, motorbikes, and boats at a distance.
- Early Access Week 10 Update: Improved performance by reducing effects played excessively during vehicle crashes; Improved performance on the server in relation to vehicles; Fixed a crash related to when vehicles crashed; Partially fixed a bug that caused a player to “die from falling” after getting stuck in buildings or vehicles.
- Early Access Month 2 Update: Improved rendering performance by modifying certain weapon and vehicle effects that were unnecessarily rendered at distance; Added punctured wheel effect and sound; Added burnt markings to vehicles after being destroyed; Added the motorbike number plate image; When a vehicle explodes, the fences near the vehicle will now also be destroyed.; Fixed a bug that caused vehicles to be spawned in garages consistently. Vehicles should be spawned at a higher rate in garages, but not at 100%.; Partially fixed a bug that caused a vehicle to get stuck in buildings, fences or other vehicles.
- Early Access Week 8 Update: Slightly improved the drop in FPS when there are vehicles near the character; Fixed the issue that was causing the sound to break when there are too many vehicles in a small area.
- Early Access Week 5 Update: Improved the drop in FPS when firing a gun or driving a vehicle.
- Early Access Month 1 Update: Fixed an issue where aiming from vehicles was not accurate; Fixed a bug that caused a knocked out player to be ejected in front of a vehicle. If knocked out in a vehicle, you will now be ejected to the side.
- Early Access Week 1 Update: Removed crosshair while in a vehicle and not in the aiming state; Fixed a bug where a character would receive damage from vehicles while behind trees/walls.
- Closed Beta Update 1: The fences around the military base on the southern island will now be easier to destroy with vehicles.
- Closed Beta Launch Update: Improved driving mechanics. This will prevent unexpected movements and non-responsive vehicles.
- Alpha Update 2: Fixed a bug that caused vehicles to react unpredictably (fly away or flip over) when players came in contact with them; Fixed a bug allowing vehicles to be driven upside down and/or sideways.
- Alpha Update 1: Initial fuel amount for spawned vehicles was changed from 50% to a random value between 40–100%.; Added an effect to emphasize the fuel gauge when using boost to help players understand that vehicle boost consumes much more fuel.
- Pre-Alpha Launch Update: Added vehicle refueling system.; Added destructible tires to all wheeled vehicles.; Added seat information and tire status to vehicle UI element.